Sunday, February 5, 2012

What it takes to be a Wedding Photographer? Part 2

Ok you have your gears polished, batteries charged and you even ironed your best looking shirt. All ready for your wedding photography for you client. So what should you do during the shoot.

1. Be early
There is a reason why I place this as the first pointer in wedding photography. Imagine you are the one getting married, you have a list of items to check. "Flowers?", "Where is the make up artiste?", "Is my aunty coming?". The last question you want your client to worried about is "Where is my photographer?"

2. Be small.
This is an important aspect when you are shooting journalistic photos. You don't want to barge into a room and everyone's eyes are on you. There is no way you will be able to shoot any 'moments' shots with that sort of entrance.

3. Introduce yourself to the family.
Normally, i will introduce myself to the couple's parents. I will reassure them to stay relax and not too worried about me taking their photos. "Hi, my name is Edmund and I am your photographer. I know there are many things that are in your mind right now but the best thing you could do for me in order to have great photos is to stay relax and calm."

4. Have a mental checklist
The night before i would have done some research on the type of photos I want. So have a checklist of the photos you want to take.

5. Lastly, ENJOY yourself.
The best photos I took are the ones that I enjoyed the wedding along with my clients. I laugh along with their jokes and I feel touched when they say their vows. We are photographers above all.

No comments:

Post a Comment